Citrus Jicama Salad
Jicama, Pachyrhizus erosus, is a popular edible root in Mexico; its Spanish name comes from ancient Nahualt: xicamatl. It has a rich crispy-water texture, high in raw fiber.
Peeled wedges of the following various citrus:
- 1 large ripe organic red grapefruit
- 2 ripe oranges
- 3 ripe mandarins or tangerines
- 1 peeled raw jicama cut in wedges or cubes
- 1 lime juiced
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 pinch of red cayenne chili
- A few chop leaves of cilantro
- Place all ingredients in a chilled glass bowl and gently mix them to coat citrus wedges and jicama cubes
- Place and let rest in your refrigerator for at least an hour to blend flavors. Serve.
- You can eat this salad as treats to refresh your body and renew your energy levels as a snack or enjoy it with grilled shrimp, crab, or cold Roasted Chicken cubed [PAGE] as a full lunch meal.