Roasted Delicata Squash Slices
- 2-4 delicata squash, depending on size (~1.5 lbs), clean squash so dirt is rubbed away
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Pinch of sea salt
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Check squash to make sure dirt is thoroughly removed. If there are any hard spots on the squash, you can scrape them off with a butter knife.
- With a sharp knife, cut delicata in half lengthwise. With a spoon scoop out the seeds and discard, you can save the seeds and toast in the same fashion as you make Roasted Pumpkin Seeds [PAGE]. Cut each delicata half into 1/2 inch segments, creating moon-shaped pieces.
- In a large bowl toss the slice in olive oil. Layer onto a baking sheet. Sprinkle salt on gently. It’s okay if the pieces are a little crowded, but try to maximize the surface area of the squash touching the pan. The browning only occurs where the squash and pan meet.
- Place in oven and roast 10 minutes. Using a spatula turn the squash in the pan so that the light sides are now touching the pan and the brown sides are facing upward.
- Continue roasting, turning every 7-10 minutes until both sides of the squash pieces are golden brown. Total cooking time is about 25-30 minutes or until the squash pieces are soft all the way through. Serve with your favorite protein for a complete meal.