Warm Asparagus, Chicken & Fingerling Potato Salad
- 8 (about 3 inch long) fingerling potatoes, scrubbed clean
- 1 pinch each of sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ cup white or red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil or medium chain triglyceride oil
- 6 cups organic red leaf or Bibb lettuce, cleaned and dried and torn into large bite-sized pieces
- 2 cups shredded Roasted Chicken Breast [SEE PAGE]
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- Bring a medium saucepan of water to a boil and salt the water generously. Simmer the potatoes until just tender, 15 to 20 minutes. Leaving 2 inches of water in the saucepan, remove the potatoes from the potatoes and excess water. Allow the potatoes to cool.
- Cut the asparagus spears diagonally into 1-inch lengths. Place in a steamer rack over 2 inches of saved water and bring to a boil. Cover the steamer and cook until the asparagus spears are tender-crisp, about 3 minutes. Remove the rack from the pan and rinse the asparagus under running cold water until cool.
- In a small bowl, whisk the vinegar with a few big pinches of salt and pepper to taste. Slowly drizzle in the oil, whisking constantly. Taste and add more salt if you like.
- When the potatoes are cool enough to handle, slice them into 1/2-inch rounds.
- Arrange the lettuce on a small platter. Drizzle half of the vinaigrette over the lettuce and then arrange the asparagus spears, shredded chicken and potatoes over the top. Sprinkle the chives over everything and serve immediately, with the remaining vinaigrette on the side.