Quick & Easy Homemade Tomato Soup
- 1-28ounce can organic, unsalted stewed tomatoes
- 3 pounds organic roma tomatoes, rinsed, dried & diced
- 2 cups of water
- 1 medium sweet onion, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon of raw honey
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 2 teaspoons each of sea salt & pepper
- In a stockpot, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add your garlic and sauté until the onions turn translucent.
- Add the salt, pepper and garlic, and stir until the garlic turns golden.
- Add in the can of tomatoes, diced Roma tomatoes, water and honey and stir.
- Let everything simmer down to your desired thickness; this will take roughly 20-30 minutes. If it looks to watery or the flavor is not that rich-tomato taste, allow the soup to simmer longer.
- Add any of your favorite fresh herbs and season to desired taste. Fresh basil, thyme, and rosemary are all nice pairings.
- You can serve as is at this point or for a creamier soup, allow to cool and in a food processor or blender puree. Reheat once pureed and then serve.