Simple Oven-Roasted Coho Salmon
- 12 ounce Coho salmon fillet
- 1-2 tablespoons ghee or coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt and ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a large, well-seasoned cast iron skillet heat the oil or ghee over medium-high heat. Add the salmon fillets skin up and sear for 2 minutes. Flip the salmon and sear for 2 more minutes with the skin-side to the pan.
- Season with salt and pepper and a squeeze of fresh lemon juice. Place in the oven and roast for 15 -20 minutes or until the salmon cooks, but remains flakey and a bright pink at the center.
- Serve garnished with fresh lemon wedges or seasonal fruit slices such as blood orange, mango, plum or peach. Serve with a vegetable and Cranberry Wild Rice Salad .