Enjoy the zesty flavor and aroma of this easy to make “fresh ceviche.” Its rich nutrition value increases if you use vine-ripe tomatoes, organic grown onion and cilantro; plus, juicy mature limes. This recipe add lots of vitamin C, antioxidants, and potassium to your diet. Take the time to buy the best ingredients and be rewarded with an amazing tasty salad, just chill and enjoy. Add fresh celery to enhance the recipe’s color, texture and taste.
- 1 lb. of lightly cooked jumbo shrimps (clean and peel with care)
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1 small organic red onion peeled cut in small chunks
- 3 vine-ripe red tomatoes, diced
- 1/3 cup of chopped organic cilantro leaves
- 1 teaspoon each of sea salt and freshly crushed black pepper
- 1 pinch inch of red cayenne chili
- A light splash of medium chain triglyceride oil
To Prepare Shrimp:
- Bring to a rapid boil 2 pints of water, add a pinch of sea salt and the uncooked clean shrimp
- When their shell turns into a light pink color take them out to cool then peel with care to take tail shell out but not the tail fins. Set aside to chill.
To Prepare Ceviche:
- Wash vegetable with care, cut place all ingredients in a chilled glass bowl and gently mix together.
- Add the shrimp and toss.
- Cover the ceviche and refrigerate to enhance its flavor. Enjoy with crackers or fill in avocado halves for a truly attractive salad serving.