Roasted Red Bell Peppers
- 6 medium red bell peppers, whole
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with foil and lay peppers on their sides.
- Place baking sheet in the oven and allow the peppers to roast for 20 minutes. Remove the baking sheet and using tongs, rotate the peppers a halt turn and then place back into the oven and roast for another 20 minutes.
- Check the peppers and make sure the skin of the peppers are charred and the flesh is soft. If the peppers don’t look or feel as they should, roast in the oven for 5 more minutes or until soft and charred.
- Remove the peppers from the oven, and place into a large glass bowl and cover with a plate or foil – allow to steam for 10 minutes.
- Slit the peppers open, remove the veins and seeds and cut into squares, strips or quarters and serve on top of salads, in your favorite dish or recipe. Keep refrigerated and use within 4-5 days.