Roasted Mediterranean Chickpeas with Cauliflower
- 1 head organic cauliflower, rinsed, dried and torn into pieces
- 1 1/2 cups (or small can) cooked chickpeas
- 1 bell pepper, roughly chopped
- ½ red onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons capers
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon zest
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 400°F.
- Place cauliflower, chickpeas, onion and bell pepper onto a baking sheet. Sprinkle capers on top. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and drizzle olive oil on top.
- Place tray in oven and cook for about 15 minutes. Remove, shake the pan to move the veggies and chickpeas around and place back in oven to roast for about another 10 minutes until the cauliflower is nice and partially charred and peppers are soft and edges begin to brown.