Pickled Red Onions
- 2 medium red onions, halved lengthwise, root ends removed, and thinly sliced (about 5 cups)
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lime juice (from about 4 medium limes)
- 1 cup freshly squeezed orange juice (from about 5 medium oranges)
- 1 teaspoon raw honey
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- 1 jalapeño pepper, halved lengthwise, seeds removed, and very thinly sliced
- Bring a small pot of water to a boil over high heat. Add the onions and blanch for about 15 seconds. Drain well and set aside.
- Combine the lime juice, orange juice, honey, and salt in a glass bowl, and stir until the sugar has dissolved. Add the blanched onions and the jalapeño and stir to coat thoroughly. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.