Figs, Pistachio & Dark Chocolate
Melon in Honey-Ginger Syrup
Note: You can also use fresh peach slices from six peaches with skins removed rather than melon slices.
- 2 ounces grated ginger root
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 cups water
- ½ cup raw honey
- 1 cantaloupe or honeydew melon
- Combine in a sauce pan, the ginger, lemon juice, water and honey. Stir and over medium-high heat bring to a boil. Simmer for 20 minutes on low heat, uncovered until the liquid reduces.
- Remove syrup from stove and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Cut the melon in half, scoop out the seeds and slice it into wedges about 1-inch thick. Remove the skin then cut the slices into bite-size pieces into a serving bowl.
- Add the syrup to the melon slices and stir to coat. Cover the bowl and place in a refrigerator at least for 1-hour before serving.