Faux Ranch Dressing
This is a dairy-free recipe utilizes cashew cream or yogurt as the base instead of mayonnaise. For those without a dairy sensitivity, the cashew cream may be replaced by 2 cups of plain yogurt. All yogurts are not created equal, so purchase a yogurt that label live cultures to support digestive health
Yield: 2 ½ cups
- 2 cups of cashew cream (thickness similar to mayonnaise) or plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup of medium chain triglyceride oil
- 2-3 teaspoons freshly crushed garlic
- ½ teaspoon each of sea salt and crushed black pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 1 bunch fresh parsley, minced or finely chopped
- Stir all ingredients together. (Don’t use a food processor or blender as this will break down the cashew cream and yogurt, making the dressing too thin).
If using fresh cashew cream, the dressing keeps refrigerated for 4 days. Yogurt dressing will keep for 7-10 days refrigerated.