Cucumber, Fennel & Dill Salad
- 2 organic, rinsed cucumbers
- 1 organic fennel bulb, rinsed
- 2 tablespoons dried dill
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- A pinch each of sea salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Slice away the peel in long strips, rotating the cucumber a little as you peel so every rotation you obtain a white (the flesh) and green (the peel) strip. Trim away the ends away and lay the cucumber on your cutting board. Slice the cucumber in half lengthwise, then slice into half-moon shapes. Place cucumber in a large serving bowl.
- Peel away the outer ends of the fennel and then cut so the fennel bulb and stalks are separated. Cut the bulb into thin slices about and 1/8 inch thick. Add the slices to the cucumber. Save the stalks to flavor soups and other meals.
- Add the lemon juice, dill, olive oil and mix. Flavor with sea salt and pepper and serve.