COVID Update March 9th, 2021
You’ve no doubt read or heard about the FDA’s announcement this morning entitled:
Why You Should Not Use Ivermectin to Treat or Prevent COVID-19
You don’t have to read the whole report. The following direct quote says it all:
“The FDA has not reviewed data to support use of ivermectin in COVID-19 patients to treat or to prevent COVID-19.”
Stephen: Well, what about competent health experts who HAVE reviewed the data supporting the use of ivermectin? While I admit that there are no randomized, double-blind human clinical trials to prove that ivermectin can prevent Covid-19 infection, many doctors are taking it based on five observations:
- In countries where ivermectin is widely used to treat parasitic infections, the incidence of Covid-19 infection is remarkably low.
- There is a well-defined mode of action published in the medical literature:
A. Antiviral Res. 2020 Jun;178:104787. The FDA-approved drug ivermectin inhibits the replication of SARS-CoV-2 in vitro
Leon Caly, et al.
B. Braz J Infect Dis. 2020 July-August; 24(4): 369–371.
Ivermectin: a potential candidate for the treatment of Covid 19
Dhyuti Gupta, Ajaya Kumar Sahoo, and Alok Singh.
3. Ivermectin has already been used against several RNA viruses including Zika virus, Influenza A, Newcastle disease virus, Chikungunya virus, Yellow fever, Dengue fever, and Japanese encephalitis. In June 2020, ivermectin was shown to reduce mortality in hospitalized patients.
REF: ICON (Ivermectin in COvid Nineteen) Study: use of ivermectin is associated with lower mortality in hospitalized patients with COVID-19. SSRN. 2020 Jun 16 doi: 10.2139/ssrn.3631261. Rajter JC, et al.
Importantly, it was found to be effective at a low dose (15 to 20 mg 2-3 times a day) in the early stages of infection.
A. Heidary F, Ivermectin Gharebaghi R. a systematic review from antiviral effects to COVID-19 complementary regimen. J Antibiot (Tokyo) 2020;73:593–602. doi: 10.1038/s41429-020-0336-z.
B. Int J Antimicrob Agents. 2021 Jan;57(1):106248.
A COVID-19 prophylaxis? Lower incidence associated with prophylactic administration of ivermectin
Martin D Hellwig , Anabela Maia
Full text available here:
4. There are a growing number of published studies showing that the drug is effective in the early stages of Covid-19 infection.
A. Efficacy of Ivermectin in COVID-19 Patients with Mild to Moderate Disease Karamat Hussain Shah Bukhari, et al.
Conclusion: In the Ivermectin arm, early viral clearance was observed and no side effects were documented. Therefore ivermectin is a potential addition to the standard care of treatment in COVID-19 patients.
Full text available at: https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2021.02.02.21250840v1
B. Rezai et al., IRCT20111224008507N3 (Preprint) Effectiveness of Ivermectin in the Treatment of Coronavirus Infection in Patients admitted to Educational Hospitals of Mazandaran in 2020
5. The NIH now considers ivermectin an option for use in COVID-19, similar to their stance on monoclonal antibodies & convalescent plasma. The significance of this change is that the NIH has decided to no longer recommend against the use of ivermectin in the treatment of COVID-19 by the nation’s health care providers. A consequence of this change is that ivermectin has now been made a therapeutic option for patients, whose doctors base their decisions on the risk/ reward ratio.
NOTE 1. For dose recommendations please review the EVMS protocol with your doctor:
NOTE 2. There are no magic bullets. NO treatment (drug or natural alternative) is effective by itself. You have to understand that immune strength is a factor of lifestyle, nutrition, exercise, and attitude.
Read The Metabolic Makeover for a comprehensive view, as well as our Four Stages of Infection guidelines. https://my2048.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/4-Stages-of-Infection-1.pdf
Stephen & Natalie