“Cheesy” Tofu & Ume Plum Greens
- 1 recipe of Easy Baked Tofu Squares [PAGE]
- ¼ cup of nutritional yeast
- 1 ½ teaspoons tamari or Bragg’s Liquid Aminos
- 1 bunch of winter greens (kale, Swiss chard, beet greens), rinsed, destemmed and chopped into 2 inch piece
- 1 teaspoon ume plum vinegar
- While your tofu squares are baking, place about 2-3 inches of water in a saucepan over medium heat and bring to a boil. Place a bamboo or metal steaming tray over the boiling water with greens in the tray. Cover and steam until bright green and crisp-tender, about 3 minutes. Be careful to not overcook the greens, al dente is perfect.
- Once greens are steamed, place in serving bowl and lightly mix in the ume plum vinegar. Cover dish to keep warm until ready to serve.
- Once the tofu squares are baked, immediately and carefully add to a large mixing bowl. Toss with tamari or Bragg’s Liquid Aminos and nutritional yeast. Adjust flavor to liking. Serve immediately with greens.