This cashew cream offers a substitute for sour cream or yogurt. It’s a base recipe so feel free to experiment with adding additional ingredients to enhance the flavors or your favorite recipes.
Yield: 2 cups
- 2 cups of raw cashews (soaked in filtered water for 4-6 hours)
- 1 cup filtered water
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
Optional Additions: garlic, lemon, fresh herbs such dill, cilantro or parsley, lime & jalapeno, chipotles in adobe sauce, fresh basil and garlic, cinnamon & D-ribose powder.
- Discard the water from the rehydrated cashews.
- Toss all ingredients in a blender or food process and blend until creamy and smooth. If the cashews are too thick add additional water one tablespoon at a time until cream reaches desired thickness. Keeps refrigerated for up to 4 days.
- Add any optional additions above following the below suggested quantities:
- 1 teaspoon for dry herbs/seasoning
- 1 teaspoon for citrus ingredients
- 1 tablespoon for fresh herbs/peppers