Avocado, Citrus Smoothie
- 1 whole avocado
- 1/2 cup fresh squeezed orange juice (play around with seasonal winter fruit such as naval oranges, clementines, or blood oranges)
- 1 cup crushed ice
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/2 cup coconut milk*
- 1 tablespoon maca root powder
- 1 tablespoon protein powder
- Optional: D-Riobose powder
- Peel and pit the avocado, and cut it into chunks.
- Combine everything in a blender and blend until smooth – about one minute. (If you’d like more sweetness you can add a little xylitol or D-ribose.) Divide between two large cups or bowls and serve.